Saturday, April 30, 2011

And the dust begins to settle....

  The past few months have seen a lot of change and have been super busy for me. As of today, I am married and my wife has graduated with her PhD. Now life can assume some new formulation of normalcy as all these sweeping events have past.
  On our way home from our honeymoon, Jacqueline and I bought a kalimba. Not one of those shoddy gift store types that amount to nothing  more than a glorified noise maker, but a real, playable instrument. By the time we were back home, I had extracted a lullaby like phrase, which I promptly began fashioning into a song. Upon playing for it my daughter, she dubbed it a "long lasting rhythm". Kind of a cool thing for a six year old girl to say.
   Since returning from my honeymoon I have been motivated to make music now that I have some time to devote to it. With a few new songs and a couple of old ones, I am in the process of assembling a new set for the Hifi Envelope. Currently, the line up consists of myself only, but I am confident this will change. I also hope to record a song or two in the coming weeks which I will post here for your auditory pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment