Thursday, February 3, 2011

A New View From the Same Window

Happy Chinese New Year to All! To those of you paying attention I thought I might update you. The Hifi Envelope has, over the holidays of 2010, taken a turn. We were running at a steady clip as a rock band there for a bit with five members, sounding amazing and generally having a great time. Alas, great times must end. Steve is busy doing whatever excellent shit it is that Steve does, Shannon is immersed in dissertation defending/job seeking as she prepares to embrace her well deserved PHD, while Adam, Charlie and Steve F are working on a new group. I have turned 34 years old today and I am engaged to be married in April. Hence, I am super busy.

We wrote some great songs together. A good bit of them I wrote, but a majority were the result of genuine collaboration. As time grows between us it will be harder to come back together to record those tunes, but it is my sincere hope that we record at least the best of them to preserve this chapter for ourselves mainly, but also for our friends and anyone that may have come to our shows that enjoyed our music. It's bittersweet for sure, but I've been around long enough to know that things, people, feelings, love, laughter, whatever; it all comes and it all goes. There's always more just around the corner waiting to be discovered or created and as I turn the page on a new year, a new life, I look forward to what is yet to come.  Maybe some of you will stick around to see what turns up next. I can say it will probably be worth while.

-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment