Wednesday, August 14, 2019

But this kind of hurtin' won't heal

I can not accurately begin to explain what it was D.C. Berman meant to me that hasn't already been more adequately expressed by so many other more qualified writers. It's somewhat ridiculous when you consider he was a person I met briefly one time. But the perspective and companionship his writing and music offered me is not quantifiable in terms outside of wishy-washy prosaic speak; the kind of language I will spare you of at this time. What I will share with you is the aforementioned one time I met David. He gave a reading in the town where I live: Gainesville, FL. Some lovely soul had the forethought to record this event and upload it to youtube. For which we all are richer. Thanks to that person.




No comments:

Post a Comment